Clicktale is looking for an iOS developer for an exciting new venture to help build the next generation of native and hybrid app analytics. The software engineering team is developing new products and technology that would work with the data Clicktale collects – a massive corpus of real-time information and numerous interesting data signals.
Behind the scenes, we are building highly scalable distributed systems, and the algorithms necessary to make sense of all this data — all within a matter of milliseconds. We are looking for talented people to join our small, entrepreneurial team to help make Clicktale the best behavioral analytics platform in the world.
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a startup environment.
- You’re an experienced iOS engineer looking to craft new and improved features into app analytics which are uniquely iOS-based
- You are curious, looking to go deeper into the backend stack and learn new platforms
- You are passionately motivated to ship code into products used by _hundreds_ of millions of people around the world, every day.
In addition, it would be great if ·
- You’ve deep understanding of C and Objective-C
- You’ve examples of shipped apps on the App Store
- You’ve solid computer science fundamentals
- You’ve strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- You’ve disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
Optimally, you already ·
- Have a BA/BS in CS or similar work experience
- Prior experience in mobile video-related technologies
- Data-informed product development experience (e.g., analytics, A/B testing)
- Experience with software engineering practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Prior experience working for a SaaS Internet company
About Us :
We're looking for truly talented engineers with a passion for clean code and great products. Our team is fast, smart and independent.
- We ship early and often - we're huge fans of TDD, build/measure/learn, and are moving towards continuous deployment.
- We seek to simplify - measuring success by benefit to customers, not vanity metrics.