As web-analytics professionals, we all crave top notch, fresh content to expand our knowledge and stay up to date with what’s been going on in our industry. But our days are filled being pulled in many different directions, which can make it really challenging to keep up with all the new and top content on the web.
In order to be in the know and to advance your career, keep on top of best practices, cool tips and free website swag, you should acquaint yourself with these seven personalities if you're not already following them already. Learn the terminology these well-established and up-and-coming digital and web analysts are using and what trends they are talking about; these are the words and phrases you’ll need to know and drop into web analytics conversations on a regular basis.
- Avinash Kaushik @avinash - The original guru of web analytics, Avinash is now the Digital Marketing Evangelist at Google.
- Jim Sterne @jimsterne - Founder of the eMetrics Summit and the Digital Analytics Association (DAA), Jim has been at the forefront of Internet marketing since the beginning.
- Rudi Shumpert @RudiShumpert – The man to follow for the latest on tag-management systems.
- Justin Cutroni @justincutroni – The new Google Analytics Advocate responsible for helping organizations to integrate data analysis into their decision making processes.
- Adam Greco @adamgreco – A long-standing member of the web-analytics community, Adam has been involved in shaping the industry to ensure that web-analytics data can be used to actively help businesses.
- Gary Angel @garyangel - Gary is described by Semphonics as a groundbreaking pioneer.
- Michele Kiss @MicheleJKiss - Michele has great articles on her old blog and is building up a new blog at Web Analytics Demystified, where she has recently become a partner.
Why should you follow them? Because they are in the know! Whether you're a rookie in web analytics or have already built a reputation for yourself, following these professionals will help you build an excellent knowledge base of what’s going on in the digital-analytics sphere. Stay on top of conferences, innovations, lectures; be updated whenever a new blog post or article is published; get comfortable with the vocabulary of web analytics; and communicate more closely with some of today’s top personalities in the digital-analysis world. After all, in this fast-paced industry, if you remain standing in the same place, you're actually falling behind.
Learn more about how the Clicktale's system can help you optimize your website and increase conversion rates.