Last updated: December 4, 2011
1. Information Received through Use of Software
When a ClickTale Client uses the Software on its Website, Clicktale may receive certain information including:
- Technical information of a Visitor’s computer such as browser type, system language, OS version, time zone and screen resolution metrics.
- The pages within the specific Website that a Visitor has visited and the URLs of the web pages that referred the Visitor to the ClickTale Client Website.
- How a Visitor has interacted with the Website, including, any Visitor mouse movements, scrolls and mouse clicks.
- Any keystrokes performed by a Visitor in fields that are not marked as “sensitive” by the ClickTale Client. As a result, while ClickTale strictly prohibits ClickTale Clients from using the Software to collect ANY personally identifiable information, if a ClickTale Client breaches such obligation then such information may be received by ClickTale.
- Session information stored in cookies that are used to ensure accurate data is extracted from our systems. These cookies do not include any personal data.
2. What information the Software does NOT collect
- The Software does not collect any information about other programs that Visitors are running on their computer.
- The Software does not assign a global unique identifier to any Visitor.
- The Software will not collect any passwords entered into a Website.
- IP addresses are not stored.
3. How we treat, protect and use the information and data
Any information we receive will be used by Clicktale (i) in accordance with applicable laws; and (ii) only on a completely anonymous basis, in the aggregate, in order to perform web surfing analysis and statistical reports and for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve ClickTale technologies and services.
We shall not disclose the information received through use of the Software to any third party except as follows:
- To provide ClickTale Clients with raw or aggregate reports regarding Visitor interactions on their website, that may include for example: aggregate reports of clicking or mouse movement activity, aggregate reports of scrolling activity and recreation of visitor browsing sessions;
- We may share certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as average page load time, or the number of pages processed by our system per day.
- If required in limited circumstances, including, when complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
4. Opt Out and Contact
We provide all ClickTale Clients with an option (or requirement when required by applicable law) to publish on their Website a link (http://www.clicktale.net/disable.html) for Visitors to exclude themselves from monitoring by the Software. Any Visitor who wishes to exclude themselves may click on the link to opt out.
When we receive formal written complaints posted using our contact form, it is ClickTale's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between ClickTale and an individual.
5. Policy Modifications